Like peasants at mass in the 1500s many people have been dancing along to PSY’s global hit, Gangnam Style. I prefer to know what I am dancing too and so below are the translated lyrics. Enjoy and try to get the song out of your head now as you watch his performance on Ellen.
HT: Hacking Xianity
It has been a while since I have posted an addicting game that has taken me away from my sermon preparation. The truth is Charge Conference paperwork has done that for me these past couple of weeks and try as I might I cannot find an internet game that can do that. Here is a fun little game, with some pretty awesome graphics.
Sunday is 10-10-10 so here are the Top 10 sermon topics for this special holy day. (please feel free to add your own) Now the lectionary is ready for this, since the Gospel verse is on the 10 lepers but here are 10 other ideas.
- 10 Commandments (too easy)
- Abram lived in Canaan for ten years
- Joesph’s gifts of 10 male and 10 female donkeys to his father
- The Parable of the Ten Virgins (the youth will pay attention to this one)
- The Ten “I Am” sayings in the Gospel of John
- There are ten recorded celebrations of Passover (Josiah’s, 2Chronicles 35:1. (In Egypt, Exodus 12. In the wilderness, Numbers 9:5. Plains of Jericho, Joshua 5:10. Hezekiah’s, 2Chronicles 30:1.Ezra’s, Ezra 6:19.When our Lord was twelve years of age, Luke 2:41. John 2:13. John 6:4. Matthew 26:2)
- Ten deaths at the hands of women (Sisera, Judges 4:21. Abimelech, Judges 9:52, 53; 2Samuel 11:21.Sheba, 2Samuel 20:1, 21, 22. The harlot’s child, 1 Kings 3:19. The prophets of the land, 1 Kings 18:4. Naboth, 1 Kings 21:9, 10. The son boiled by his mother, 2 Kings 6:29. The seed royal, 2 Kings 11:1. Haman’s ten sons, Esther 9:13, 14. John the Baptist, Matthew 14:8)
- Tithing, ’tis the season for this one.
- Ten Old Testament younger sons who were chosen over their older brother (Abel, Shem, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah, Joseph, Ephraim, Moses, David)
- The ten repeated names (7 OT, 3 NT) (Abraham, Abraham, Genesis 22:11. Jacob, Jacob, Genesis 46:2. Moses, Moses, Exodus 3:4. Samuel, Samuel, 1 Samuel 3:10. Martha, Martha, Luke 10:41. Simon, Simon, Luke 22:31. Saul, Saul, Acts 9:4. Lord, Lord, Matthew 7:21,22, 25:11; Luke 6:46; 13:25. Eloi, Eloi, Mark 15:34; Matthew 27:46; Psalm 22:1. Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Matthew 23:37; Luke 13:34.)
This is great because its so true it hurts. See what I done, I messed up sentences in a smart way to makes meself look dumb. I like this video ALOT!
Okay it has been a long time since I have posted one of these but this one is worth it. Not only is it a Stick Hero game but you can design your own levels and challenge your friends. I know, FUN!
STICK HERO! Enjoy!
A while back, on 7-22-07, I preached on this week’s lectionary text. These were the exact words I preached on that day…
I have fallen in love with TiVo so much I wish they could invent one for the radio. I love listening to NPR and other talk radio and sometimes I miss what they said because I am paying attention to traffic. I would love to be able to rewind and listen again.
Now my wish has come true. GM has come out with a DVR for the radio and it is now available on certain new models. I wonder what else I should preach about so that it can come true as well…
– free cable
– cheap unlimited cell phone plans
– cheap and extremely fast internet connections
– mute button for children who are fake crying
Anything you would suggest?
I’m trying to see which title of my blog post would bring the largest number of readers. Sorry to disappoint anyone who thought they would actually get something on this topic. Just taking some advice David Swanson over at Signs of Life got if he ever wrote a book.
I also thought of…
Miley Cyrus BFF with Conan and Ben Roethlisgerger
Tiger Woods and Social Justice equals Snuggies for Everyone.
What do you think would be the most eye catching blog post for today?